Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Blue Monk

We were invited by Jim and Shawn to join them at the Blue Monk a club in SE Portland. One of their favorite local groups Three Leg Torso was playing. What can I say about 3 Leg Torso. Such a uniquely Portland group which plays what I call Portland Circus Music. Classical roots with Eastern European flair reflecting the Hungarian roots of the fiddle player. I kept thinking that I could envision Circus acts in the Center ring. The group has a fiddle, accordion, stand up bass and two percussion players who play literally everything but the kitchen sink. I think they would have played that as well if they could have got it into the basement of the club where the stage is.






Here's Martin, I caught him with his eyes closed and below is the wonderful antipasto platter we had before our meal. We all had pasta in one form or another and I have to say that the meals besides being reasonably priced were very yummy. I forget how Portland is...though I laugh hysterically at the new IFC show Portlandia. We are safely hidden away from all the weirdness across the Columbia river in Washington.




3 Leg Torso performs

No comments: