Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wednesday Mid Week Day Off

I decided to take a mid week break and take today off. I had a bunch of errands to run including a trip to Costco and my other big box store favorites. On my way home I decided to drive through Camas and I saw the sign for the weekly summer farmer's market, so I found a place to park and away I went.
Yes, you see my bounty, the cherries are local Washington picks and the flowers above are also grown locally. It really felt like summer going to the market. I was pleasantly surprised by the number of people who were there shopping.

The market is down in front of the library. Right across from the fire department and happens every Wednesday until the end of September. Here is the young woman that I bought the flowers from preparing my bouquet. You get to choose what flowers you would like, and it is a huge bunch for $10. Below is a picture of downtown Camas. I took the picture from where my car was parked. It is the neatest small town and we try to patronize the downtown merchants as much as we can.


Another shot of downtown below, Martin's father was raised in Camas. Martin's grandfather worked at the paper mill and built a small house about 6 blocks from where this picture was taken. Martin's great grandparents are buried in the Camas cemetery and in spite of the fact they died in the 1800's we were able to find their head stones. Martin remembers when the trees were planted downtown in the early 60's I love walking around downtown, and today felt like what I remembered summer days to be.






No comments: