Friday, April 1, 2011

San Francisco Trip

I got back yesterday from a two day trip to San Francisco. I was there for a Dept. of Labor Regional meeting. Below is the new San Francisco federal office building where the meetings were held. It's got to be one of the ugliest buildings I have ever seen. It looks like it's under construction, but it's not.

I was lucky to be there while they were having their first real good weather of the year. It was in the 80's for both days I was there, and a fantastic break from the constant rain we've been having in Oregon for the last many months. Below is the iconic TransAmerica Tower.
I hadn't been to San Francisco in over 20 years, so on the evening before I went back home I did some walking up Nob Hill, and down to Fisherman's Wharf.
The hill's are incredibly steep, especially when you are walking them. The picture below, gives a little bit of the feel for that.


I had dinner at Aliotos Restaurant, right on Fisherman's Wharf. The Restaurant has been at the same location for over 100 years. I had a mixed sea food saute. In keeping with the Burrow's tradition of photographing our meals, I took the picture below
A view of the moorage with Alioto's in the background.
And of course you can't go to San Francisco without getting some of their famous Sour Dough Bread. This is a view in the window of Boudins Sourdough bakery. Another long time San Francisco establishment, which has been in continuous operation since 1849
And why settle for a plain loaf of bread when you can get one shaped like an alligator, teddy bear or a turtle.
Alcatraz Island as seen from Fisherman's Wharf
Still one of the best ways to get around San Francisco, the cable cars.

No comments: